Sunday, August 05, 2012

Blueberry Pies and Home for Strawberry Shortcake

Blueberry pies in jars? Meh. I need a new recipe and a way to make the bottom crust cook. Any ideas? 

 A very special young lady turned four this summer. And four means Little People, dollhouse residents, Polly Pockets, Barbies, and all the associated "stuff" that goes along with these wee play friends. Like tiny shoes and outfits. And, of course, every girl knows that it is fun to go places with friends.

Enter the traveling dollhouse. I've made a few of these in the past, but I made some mods to this one. 1) added brown felt for the roof, 2) added pockets to the inside, 3) added a front "door" and I glued the batting to the canvas, which made life easier. 

The pattern is from UK Lass in the US. The tutorial is good, but really read it through and double check your cuts and measurements. 

And now that my best friend just had her little girl, I have about 3.6 years to make the next one.

Home sweet portable home.



Bonus for using all materials I had in hand. Cost? Auntie time.

Love this button!






1 comment:

  1. Try blind baking the bottom crust before adding the filling?

    ReplyDelete