Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tea, cookies and quilting

Amazingly so, but I was up at 5:39 this morning, making Christmas cookies. Yup. Work is having a bake-off today and this is my entry: kringle. (Pronounced kring-lah)

It's a simple sour cream tea cookie, kind of like the Stella Dora "s" cookies. I will put the recipe in a bit.

Next, I took a quilting class on Saturday: tea leaves with Michelle Poor, the pattern designer. It was my first class with an actual designer and it was fun to hear how the pattern evolved. (She liked cathedral windows but didn't like the fussiness of the pattern). It is not too bad for my first attempt. This simple table topper took 4 hours, start to finish.

Knitting tomorrow.

I'm back, baby...I'm back.





1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty little quilt! Good luck in the bake off!

    ReplyDelete