Tuesday, February 15, 2011

10 on Tuesday: no-knit version

Top 10 non-knitting blogs.
1. The Pioneer Woman. Who doesn't read Ree Drummond at this point? Hell, she's even on the morning shows every now and again. I love, love, love her "cowgirl" food.
2. The Lettered Cottage. Layla & Kevin... what a great couple. Working hard to keep it real (I can't imagine that their two professions make a LOT of money, but they trust in God and a budget).
3. The Nester. I giggle every time I see something else she's drilling to the wall or painting. Mostly b/c she's in a rental and wow: "if only I could...." is my dream sentence around this rental.
4. Young House Love. I'm not sure what's going to happen when they finish this house, but I'm thinking these two have a future at HGTV. Or writing a parenting book on how to not let your kid fall into a paint bucket.
5. Apartment Therapy. I think my favorite piece might be the scavenger. I don't know what they are typing into craigslist, but I always end up with dirty couches offered up for too much money from bed-ridden student meccas (like Brighton) or Ikea bookcases. From 5th floor walk-ups.
6. Well-Heeled Finance Blog. I like her. She's funny and practical and has made me think about my money in a whole new way.
7. Fabulously Broke. Also, another personal finance blogger who makes me think.
8. Boston Gal's Open Wallet. This used to be better. I don't know if she just got more comfortable with her finances or she's just not into it like she was before (i'm hoping there's some love keeping her too busy), but she's good. A downside? Her net wealth (that she publishes) makes me feel insecure.
9. Robin Abrahams. Miss Manners, from the Boston Globe. She's funny and smart-mouthed and I adore her. and she takes pics of her outfits. Who, in Boston, does that? I love that!
10. Kalyn's Kitchen. My go-to source of South Beach diet recipes. Kalyn's personable, and very nice--- she and I had an email conversation that involved me breaking down b/c I thought it was just.all.too.much and she said "we all fail sometimes, but you need to keep trying." I thought: she writes this food blog. She can't fail. But, she does. And she makes it work. And that makes me want to make it work.

What have you learned about me?
  • I like to look into people's houses. Even when i'm out driving, i like peeking at windows. :)
  • I'm concerned about and taking charge of my personal finance.
  • I'm slightly obsessed with etiquette ( I am. There are some things you should NOT do in public).
  • I'm on South Beach. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't thought about how our blogrolls provide insight into who we are but you are right. Apparently I am obsessed with food. And photos of food. Oh, and also, food.

    ReplyDelete