Tuesday, January 25, 2011

10 on Tuesday: girlie edition

Top Ten Beauty Products? Oh, this is one for me... I'm a beauty product grrl.

1. Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle, Anti-Blemish face cleanser. A must have. Wash with it twice a day and you get clear, firmer skin and who doesn't want that?
2. Neutrogena Fast Absorbing Hand Cream. This is a must for New England winters... quick, fast drying, non-oily hand cream that you can rub in and immediately knit after. Yeah. It's that good. I'm on my 1st tube of 2011; it's always in my purse, in my travel "go" bag, and one on my desk.
3. Neutrogena Body Wrap Treatment. Yes, there is some brand loyalty here, but the bigger issue? Brand loyalty due to two things: a) good for sensitive skin & noses, b) well-priced.
4. Burt's Bees lip balm. I wear every day, under lipstick, over lipstick, instead of lipstick.
5. Oil of Olay moisturizer. Yup, the sensitive skin version of the pink lotion my mom & my nana both put on every morning and every night after washing their faces. In my family, it's a family "secret" that most of us use it and we all have fabulously soft skin. I used to steal my mom's when I was little because I thought it was make-up. *giggle*
6. Essie nail polish. I get a mani every two weeks (silk wrapped because I have messed up nail beds that lift instead of curve) and a pedi once a month. I am loathe to leave the house is my nails are a wreck (yes, I'm the same girl who camps in the woods for weeks on end, but guess what I do the day before we leave? Yup- mani/pedi).
7. Secret Clinical Strength Deoderant. This has saved my life and my shirts. 'Nuff said.
8. Aveda foot cream. Pricey, but totally worth it. PC says it smells horrible, but it goes on my heels every night because if not? I could shred the sheets with my dry cracked feet.
9. Almay Smart Shade foundation: fights wrinkles and no more guessing about if you are a "light buff 02" or a "medium buff 02?" while in CVS? I'm all about this. I wear very little make-up and this helps me feel "done" without making me feel like I'm wearing grease paint.
10. Vitamins! I take a multi-vitamin (prenatal for the folic acid & extra calcium), Vitamin D (3000mg), a Viactiv chew, and "fish sticks" (omega 3 fatty acids in the form of fish oil) every day. No one product will do as much for your skin as eating right and vitamins!

6 comments:

  1. I'll have to give that heel cream a try. Even with regular pedis they are still get dry and cracked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:20 AM

    Thank you so much.....I'm gonna try the Almay Smart Shade...I use Origins (pricey) face wash with white tea and it is wonderful....and the smell is amazing.....Vitamin D every day for me - I had a deficiency big time a few years back...which was the cause of a year of headaches 24/7....Thanks for sharing....hope you are not too snowed in.......another 2 hr commute for me today (normal time 20 mins)

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about the Aveda foot cream. I used to use it, and it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wholeheartedly agree about the Neutrogena hand cream. I recently started using it and it's great! I'm going to try the Almay foundation. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the essie nail polish too! my fave shade is futures french - very natural looking. need to try out that neutrogena hand cream - between washing dishes, changing diapers, washing hands, winter weather, mine are a wreck. heck, they may be benefited by the aveda heel cream they're soooo bad!

    ReplyDelete