Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Ten On Tuesday: this week is all about dream vacations. I've got so many places on my to-see list that I may never see them all, but that doesn't mean I can't try.

1. The moon. PC insisted I add this one. We love the moon and we'd really like to go there. Not for long, just to see what it's like. PC and I are like that: we say "hmm... I wonder what it's like there" and then we go. This is how we went to Niagara Falls.
2. Norway. I want to go above the Arctic Circle (again) and visit the people. These are my people. Yup: I'm 1/2 Norwegian and I would love to wander around.
3. Annecy, France (again): this time I'd take PC. The Alps are GORGEOUS and I loved Geneva, but this sleepy little resort town, 2 hours south of Geneva, in the Savoie region of France blew.my.mind. I saw wild swans on a lake, a small village with canals and a church in the woods.
4. Rome. I know, it's loud, it's dirty, but it's filled with amazing art & architecture that spans so many different eras... and of course, there's the Vatican. As a Catholic who is more fatithful than "church-y", I don't feel the pilgrimage pull to the Vatican, but I would like to stop in Saint Peter's Square, stand in the middle and tell my godmother "I am here." She stood there just before my 1st birthday and prayed for me to become a strong, independent woman.
5. Israel. This one place has caused so much conflict in the world. I'd love to see Jerusalem and visit Nazareth. My godfather once told me that he never felt as close to God as he did in Nazareth on Christmas day.
6. South Africa. A land of duality: ocean & mountains; peace & constant change; old & new. And, the sharks. I want to see the sharks.
7. Kenya. African safari as only the Kenyans can do it... sleeping in camps, riding into the savannah in a jeep, armed with a DSLR and a LOT of memory cards. PC and I will be there one day.
8. Alaska. I loved Alaska... the first day there, I told my parents I found home. I still feel the pull to go and explore.
9. Quebec City. I've never been. I can drive there, but I've never been.
10. Stockholm. A cosmopolitan city so clean you can simply jump in the ocean. Imagine doing that in Boston?

2 comments:

  1. This is a great list and I want to go to many of those places, especially Stockholm. My people. Ahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the moon! That is the best place I've read yet.

    ReplyDelete