Saturday, November 06, 2010

Christmas knitting....

I'm not normally a night owl. Well, not a past-midnight one, at least. Last night found me up at 1 a.m., just dying to finish this mitten. I love this mitten. I hope the intended gift recipient will too.























One down, one to go. :)


























No great adventures in color dominance here... but I did use the Magic Loop method and it greatly affected my gauge. I was surprised. I like that I didn't get that weird ladder-ish type mark in the middle of the pattern (it's always easily remedied by a good soak and blocking), but the "around the corner" stranding was a bit tough. I'll use the same method on mitten #2, but I have one more pair of mittens to make this holiday season and I don't think this will be my ideal method. The only way to know is to try, right?

And: knitters... help me. I'm trying to find instructions to make a February Lady/Baby sweater for a 5 year old size. I'm sure it's just a matter of adjusting the cast on stitches, but I'd like more guidance than that. Anyone have a link for me?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Love the mitten...what pattern is that....

    I have very small circs that I knit my mittens on and they work perfectly for me......I am going to attempt my 1st colorwork mitten this week...

    Diane (Ladydirich)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mitten!! The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete