Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A knitting photo. Yup. I knit. In fact, I'm almost done with this project... it's a scarf for PC's sister (who may be reading, but that's okay).

Pattern: Branching Out (knitty.com)
Yarn: Mirasol Miski
Worsted / 10 ply (9 wpi)
82 yards (75 meters)
50 grams (1.76 ounces)
18.0 sts = 4 inches
US 8 - 5.0 mm
100% Llama

Needles: US 10.5 circular bamboo needles
No real modifications besides bumping up the yarn weight and needle size accordingly. For a warm yarn like llama, a lacy scarf is very nice.

















What was that? Oh, the computer-ish thing to the left? Oh, that's my new nook. and I love it. I have been on the e-reader fence for awhile... PC even offered one for Christmas, but it was still too much money and I wanted to see how it all played out in the price wars. And, I think I won. I have the Wifi version (not 3G) and so far, not a problem, I simply download while at my house or Starbucks (anywhere there is free wifi: the airport, the hotel, the Starbucks... my office).

Why the e-reader? I'm traveling more and more these days: I have 1 trip per month until the end of the year (except November). This lets me take my pdf knitting patterns, my books, and some photos with me. It's good for work pdfs, larger texts that I can convert to epub at work and then load, my work trade journals are available epub (some, not all).

Why not the Kindle? I like the B&N interface better. And, I could walk into a store and try it. And I did. Like 900 times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment