Tuesday, June 08, 2010

I do knit. I really do.

I do knit. I promise. I need to find some time to take some photos and show off my recent creations. I'm off to Philadelphia at the end of the week: work stuff. I'm 1/2 excited b/c I have been wanting to go to Philly, but will miss PC and Pumpkin. I'm heading out a night earlier than I need to b/c it was $600 cheaper, imagine that!

Also, I've re-committed myself to playing nice with South beach/low carb central. I am getting back on the exercise bandwagon and eating right. I have this insatiable urge to be active lately, I'm just trying to find my outlets.

PC has become a lean-mean-grilling machine. Yup, he talked me into a charcoal grill last year and I have to say: it's not as slow as I expected and the results are delicious.

So, in the spirit of accountability: daily updates on eating. My modified SB regimine:

  • no pasta/bread/potatoes/rice/noodles/grains
  • only "sugar" is fruit and only 2 servings per day
  • high "sugar" veggies no more than 1X a week (like carrots)
  • lean meat only
  • eat every 2 hours
  • salad 2X per day
  • travel does not equal tragedy

Tuesday, June 8

  • B: non-fat vanilla greek yogurt + blackberries and tea w/ skim milk
  • SN: banana & cashews
  • L: salad greens, grilled chicken, blueberries, cheddar cheese & homemade dressing
  • SN: celery w/ onion dip (made w/ nonfat plain greek yogurt)
  • D: kobe beef, green beans, portobellos w/ feta & side salad
  • SN: hot tea w/ milk

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I've been reading your blog for a few months (I think I found it either on ravelry or via the YMCA). Anyway, great work on the SBD. I've done it and keep trying to get back to it to get my dining back to healthy. I'm dying to try the onion dip w/the nonfat greek yogurt. Is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to stick with a plan that is supposed to work for the rest of your life - whether that is an exercise regimen or a "diet". Be kind and gentle to yourself and do not punish yourself if you have a "bad" day. Write it off and start afresh the following day.

    Remember, this is a process of relearning deeply engrained habits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is important for you to have some whole grains for nutritional purposes. SBD wants you to only forgo those for the first 2 weeks (including fruit) so your cravings will lessen. Any longer than that, you are not receiving the proper nutrition. Good luck on SBD! It really does work! I've lost 85 lbs in the last year!

    ReplyDelete