Wednesday, February 17, 2010

South Beachers!

Okay, so I've been on Phase II and I don't like it. I'm eating too many carbs and I really don't like that. I'm getting too hungry and cranky.  So, today's back to Phase I. Anyone have a good recipe for lentils? I need to have more legumes in my diet and lentils are a good legume.

Breakfast: eggs + celery + peanut butter (3tbsp)
Snack: Greek Yogurt + sprinkle sugar free, fat free jello powder (cherry)
Lunch: scallops+ asparagus+ quinoa (I know, not Phase I, but it's what we had for leftovers and quinoa is a whole grain)
Snack: mozzarella cheese sticks
Dinnner: tandoori chicken (see recipe) + green beans+ wax beans
Snack: jello snacks (10 calories each)

My tandoori chicken recipe is easy peasy and crockpot friendly.

  • 4-5 skinless chicken thighs frozen ( I know, SB says only chicken breasts, but some checking around says that skinless chicken is fine)
  • 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
  • 1 lemon
  • 3tbsp tandoori seasoning (I use Penzeys)

Put chicken in crockpot (line with crockpot liners and save yourself a hassle). Mix next three ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 7.5 hours. Cooking the chicken frozen keeps it moist and delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment