Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Mayhem




Now, I don't usually blog about where PC and I, but we live in Newton, MA. In Nonantum, to be specific. Also known affectionately as "the lake." There is not lake, there is the Charles River (about 200 feet from my house), but no lake that we have found yet.

Newton is not known for its Christmas celebrations, as it is usually associated with the large Jewish population that resides here. Nonantum is a bit different: we have two populations here, Italian Catholics and Orthodox Jews. The very conservative orthodox temple is nearby and within walking distance on Shabbat and Our Lady's takes care of the Italians. :)

Antoine's the local bakery and happens to be near my house. PC called me just shy of 7am to report " a mob outside of Antoine's"--- they open at 7am. So, of course, I took a photo on my way to work today. if you look close, you can see... those people are squeezed in tighter than the Green Line T after a Sox game.

And more people waited across the street for the fish shop to open (night of fishes).

Now, I am a Catholic by birth and this kind of scene makes me say "oy vey."

Merry Christmas to you all and to all a good night!
Be Merry, Be happy and most of all be safe!

Happy Holidays,
Mini, PC and Pumpkin, the wonder cat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment