Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Dancing?

We have a home! PC and I will be inhabiting an apartment around the corner from our current place. Same neighborhood, better landlord (we hope, but so far, so good) and a pretty nice apartment.

Now, no job yet. And, I'm going to talk about it, so settle in. There's no job. I've been looking for 6 months. My field has openings, and yes, I've applied to them all, but I feel like a bad penny! Throughout my 10 year career, I've made some bad decisions and job-hopped a bit and now it's coming back to bite me in the tush. The reasons seem clear to me and I saw a good strong future at my old company so the lay-off was a shock. And, it's hard to explain to an HR person that I want this job and I'll stay with this position for years and years, when my resume says 'probably not."

How do you explain that throughout this you learned, you grew and you took responsibility for mistakes you made? Private things affected job decisions (like when my mom was so sick and I was the only one taking her to the ER and missing work? Laid off. They were nice about it, but I know why.) and I don't know how to explain it without sounding whiny.

I have interviewed for a great job and I was told "great fit!" and haven't heard anything. Two emails have gone unanswered. I want it, willing to work my butt off for it... and yet, nothing.

I'm really tired of not working. Of feeling like a mooch on PC. Of not having anywhere to be Mondays at 8am.

Any advice, suggestions and cheering up encouraged. Today's a bad day.

-Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment