Saturday, March 14, 2009

Miss Lucille

Meet Miss Lucille. She's the Noodle's new bestest friend!



















Pattern: Sunflowers and Ladybugs (Twist Collective Spring 2009)
Yarn: Cascade 220 (red, white, black- 1 skein each)
Needles: US 2, dpns ; US 6 for wings



















Modifications: I outlined them in Ravelry:
  1. no separate shoes. Her shoes are simply a color change from her legs to her feet. Small shoes would have been a choking hazard.

  2. face, hands, legs are all the same color. I only had an ‘off white’ wool, so that’s all she’s made from.

  3. Her wings are shorter and knit at a larger gauge. I wanted them to have more ‘play’ and I lightly stuffed them with polyfill/wool batting.

Overall, I love her. I can't wait to make another one...I am thinking a Betty the Bee for Noodle's first birthday this summer. What do you think, Noodle? Should Auntie make you a bee to go with your Ladybug?? I need to make the sunflower people for Abby-Cadabby's birthday this summer. I am thinking 3 dolls for her: sunflower boy, sunflower girl and a butterfly. Her's will have removable outfits... Noodle's too little for that just yet.

Oh, and Lucille is the OFFICIAL Island Yarn Sale announcer. Get your butt to Island Yarn today: BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE of the same color for a lot of yarns. And I mean a LOT. Vicki's cleaning house for spring deliveries....and that means she needs room! So, a ton of yarn is on sale--- buy one get one free!!! Last night was the preview sale for the Never Enough Yarn club members and I imagine it got wild.

Example: Mirasol 100% baby llama --- $8 a ball--- buy one, get one free of same color. She has whole BAGS of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment