Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My first sweater. Not the first sweater I have ever knit. No, I have knit dozens if not almost 100 sweaters. No... this is the first sweater I have ever knit for me. Yup. You can go back and read that again. 28 years of knitting and I have never knit a full grown-up sweater for myself.






























Pattern: Emerald in Knitty
Yarn: Grignasco "Autumn" 70% wool, 30% acrylic (bulky weight)
Needles: US 11 bamboo circulars
Modifications: I added buttons from Wooden Treasures... they are made from pecan tree branches! I loves the buttons!

Overall... I dunno. It kinda hangs on me. The buttons make it VERY heavy...I am thinking of taking off all but one of the buttons. I didn't want to do this b/c I want this to be a full coverage sweater. Also, I am not as fat as I think I am. Seriously. I'm fat, but not as big as I thought. A little lesson in body image, y'know?

I have cast on for my next "meee!!!" sweater, also in a bulky weight, also a raglan and I am thinking.... stop. Cast on for something that makes my heart beat fast... something like.... the Dickinson Pullover (Kathy Zimmerman, IK 2007) or the new swing cardi from Knotion.s

















And now... a few photos of me... in the sweater.




















Any and all feedback greatly appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment