Thursday, February 05, 2009

Body Image and Who I am

Sounds like a pretty serious post, no? Well, it's not. I have spent 1 full day randomly measuring my favorite (and great fitting) Lands' End sweaters. I am not the size I knit. I am like 10 inches smaller. Which is good, b/c I was closer to the size I knit when I cast on for that sweater a year ago.
I won't rip it out yet. It's my first sweater and no matter what, I love it. So, I'm keeping it. For now.
Yesterday, I got to go to my friend Amy's house (nearby) and meet her cat (hi Sacha!) and knit for awhile. She is currently casting on for her first ever sweater and I'm helping her with calculating gauge. She knit a swatch and we blocked it last night. Today, I am following my own advice and knitting a few swatches.

My next sweater project: I think it'll be the neck down hooded tunic from Knitting Pure and Simple.... sans hood. Any comments?

Also, I've been home now for over 2months (legally unemployed for 1) and I have to say a few things: 1) I've been sleeping longer than ever in my life, 2) I still wake up at 7:30 though, 3) I have been eating a handful of All-Bran crackers and 2 wedges of Laughing Cow cheese for breakfast everyday and ....i'm not hungry until lunch! I'm still applying to jobs, but I am not just wallpapering HR departments with my resume. No, I am switching careers and it's taking a lot of networking, relationship building, resume tailoring (for each position), cover letter drafting... and working with a great recruiter/career counselor.

Hopefully some lace photos tomorrow... I've been working on a lace project. But for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment