Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Curses!

Do you believe in the boyfriend sweater curse? I have knit PC one sweater in our 6.5 year relationship. He never wore it... first it was too small (*ahem* it wasn't when I started it) and then it had puffy sleeves when it did fit. Now... I have a sweater on the needles for him and the back is like 99% done and the front should only take a few days (US9 and a quick pattern).... but I'm wary.

So, what do you think? Will finishing this sweater (which will fit!) and handing it over to PC, ruin my chances of being Mrs. PC?

Let me hear it!

Also, yesterday there were some 10 on Tuesday memes going around on how to save money. Here are my top 5:

1. Netflix. Cheaper than the movies and allows you to maintain basic cable.
2. Call your phone company. Negotiate.
3. Stash knitting...
4. Entertain at home- when someone asks "can I bring something?" say yes.
5. Remember, it's the thought that counts. My brother's blanket cost me $35 in yarn... much less than the digital photo frame for the other brother, but means so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment