Saturday, December 29, 2007

Nupps stands for...

Nuptuals?

Today is THE DAY. My best friend is getting married and I am not ashamed to say, I finished her shawl yesterday. Yup, blocked all day and night and it is done. I love it. I love it so much I don't want to give it away, but I love Sylvie so much I will. The bride is not camera shy at all, so I'll see if I can get photos of her wearing the shawl.

Off to taste the champagne and calm the bride.... but here's some photos. Check me out on Ravelry too : minisoup.

Specs:
  • Pattern: Estonian Garden Shawl by Evelyn Clark
  • Yarn: Lang Bebe Superwash Wool (yes, you read that right... and it is splitty)- 4 balls
  • Needles: US5 Bryspun Circulars
  • Modifications: Sylvie is petite and French so she knows how to wear wraps and scarves, but I didn't want to overpower her gorgeous dress. So, I deleted 4 repeats from the center.
  • Comments: I want one. I am seriously considering making this again in a different color. I don't knit lace and I wasn't sure I could do this, but it was easy, the directions were simple and overall, the result is stunning.

12-29-07 017
12-29-07 012
12-29-07 015
12-29-07 011
12-29-07 009

This shawl was only capable of being completed by not-so-gentle prodding by PC ("are you done yet?" and "wedding's this weekend y'know") and this beast being occupied with this and not the yarn:
12-29-07 003
Pumpkin apologizes for monopolizing her mommy for a few weeks.... she'll be a better blogger in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment