Wednesday, November 14, 2007

it's like a hit parade!

With FOs instead of records! (remember records? My first record was James Taylor's "you've got a friend"; I drive past the mental institution where he spent the majority of his younger days twice a day on my way to and from work.)












































Pattern: my own, cable from a knitting reference; basic raglan - no waist shaping (size 40 inch)
Yarn: DB Cashmerino, 9 balls
Needles: plastic US8 circulars
Gauge: 4.5 spi
Comments: Love this! It's PC's mom's Christmas gift. :)

































Pattern: Mittens from Folk Mittens
Yarn: 100% wool, no bands; worsted weight
Needles: US 2 dpns
Modifications: I hate the thumb gusset thing in the pattern, so I did a basic "afterthought" thumb where I knit in pattern for the palm, placed waste yarn at a predetermined interval and then went back and picked up the stitches. I did a simple checkerboard pattern instead of keeping the palm pattern on the thumb.
Notes: these mittens are for me! And I love love love them! 1 mitten down, 1 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment