Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Make New Friends....

But keep the old.
One is silver,
the other, gold.

The Girl Scout song has been running through my head since I woke up this morning. And I think I know why... a few "real" friends have found my blog! Now, it's never been a secret that I blog. My mom knows, but doesn't read it. My friends know and some read it. (Sylvie stalks her shawl... still in time out.) But, now, PC's friends know. I dont' know how, but that's different. Not weird, not bad, just unexpected. Here's a few who have found me:)

Mariuca. Mari and I became friends b/c her husband and my PC are friends. They now joke that she and I seem to have known each other longer. Mari's that friend that feels like an instant sister. We've laughed, cried, yelled and we still hug and say "see you tomorrow". She's a fierce card player and a wonderful cook. One of my favorite daydreams is that this is the "aunt" my kids will know. I don't have sisters, so I look to my girlfriends for that level of support. She's got an Etsy shop now and IF YOU ARE IN THE BOSTON/RHODE ISLAND AREA: she does home parties for jewelry. Seriously, she books fast b/c her stuff is priced right, cute and downright fun. And, on top of the jewelry, you get Mari: 5 feet of Romanian giggles.

Stacey. I didn't even know she was a knitter until recently. And, I think I might have turned her into a sock knitter. :) 2 skeins of Lornas' laces can do that. It's powerful stuff. Stacey's our resident world traveller... she's been everywhere. Her other half is just as sweet and nice as she is (they are a good pair). She's a good knitter and an even better person. Show her blog some love.

Remember the cute backpack with the finger puppets? I knit that for Stef's daughter, A. She's quite the mom, staying at home to make sure A gets off on the right foot in this world. I wanted to say hello to her via the blog (b/c I know she loves blogs!!) mostly b/c she's become a good friend and I have to say, PC adores her little girl. Even when she's cranky... and who wouldn't be cranky? Being absolutely gorgeous is a full time job and it can wear on a girl! The finger puppets have found a good home with A. She loves them and tries to put on her backpack. Oh, and she has a fondness for the good stuff... this little one year old was eyeing my Kate Spade handbag at her birthday party... ha ha ha. Start 'em early, right?

So, if you are popping by this blog to say hello... hello. :) Glad to see you and don't forget to comment! Knitting updates will be soon... I think. This week involves birthdays (not my own, that's next week), shopping (Sylvie: the natick collection is open!), and cleaning (a friend is coming into town to celebrate my birthday and I can't find my coffee table).

;) mini

No comments:

Post a Comment