Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Of Love

So, I have been M.I.A. for a few days: for good reason.

PC had a birthday. Not a birthday-of-significance-hide-in-the-corner-and-contemplate-life birthday ( that one was last year, and this year it's my turn). Nope, just a run of the mill birthday. Except he is sick. Yup, sick on your birthday. That totally sucks. He did have his first flying lesson on Saturday... I say first, b/c I have never seen someone so happy... so, we'll figure out how to pay for it. That's why we work, right? Oh, and Pumpkin ordered him a shirt from Lands' End. (she has great taste!) We ate dinner at a really good restaurant, that I will review later on in the week... oh, and remind me to mention my friend Mari's Etsy shop. :)

So, my "ode to PC" on his birthday (yesterday):

PC:

I would never had known the following if you hadn't been born and fell in love with me:

1. some people hate jello, lettuce, peppers, onions, tomatoes, spinach, collard greens, seaweed, and cooked carrots.

2. someone could be repulsed to the point of vomiting at the sight of a French's mustard bottle.

3. that one of your best friends has the same ailment.

4. that is was possible to laugh so hard, for so long and to completely forget what was so damn funny.

5. going to the zoo as an adult can be so much better than going as a child.

6. that Starbucks made so many Bearista bears (and I love them all!)

7. it was possible to find a way to make someone say "moron" in a sentence... and then giggle about it.

8. one word: Uranus.

9. sleeping in and leaving the dishes until tomorrow will not cause the sudden collapse of the capitalist system as we know it and kill innocent puppies in the process.

10. that some people are truly Communist.

11. Reverand Horton Heat.

12. Brad.

13. that one person could own this many CDs and still need to download...

14. a man can "do his hair" with a baseball hat (girls, take note: they do this while drinking coffee... no hair dryer!)

15. scrabble can be a competitive sport.

16. Norweigan movies with subtitles are funny

17. Harry Crews is very expensive and has a nice speaking voice. :)
18. a man can shop in Newbury Comics longer than a woman can shop for shoes.

19. cats really aren't bad pets.

20. it's possible to find your soulmate, even if they lived 1 mile away for 25 years.


I love you,baby. Oh, and more on your anus later. ;)

Knitting tomorrow...

Everyone wish PC a happy birthday and an un-stuffy nose!!

No comments:

Post a Comment