Wednesday, December 13, 2006

a meme...i never do memes!

I stole this from Maryse at bag'n'trash.....

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate with cool whip! and a candy cane to stir!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Santa wraps everything--- even stocking stuff!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
white for outside and inside decor, multi for the tree!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Not this year

5. When do you put your decorations up?
this was our 1st year in our apartment and I did the decorations the weekend of thanksgiving
.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Easy--- Nana's fudge. I'm the only grandchild who knows how to make it.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
My dad standing on our roof, stomping his feet and shaking bells so we would go to bed, thinking it was Santa. My parents made Christmas magical--- we set out food for Santa, carrots for the reindeer (thank god, my parents taught the dogs to eat carrots) and all three of us would sleep in my brothers' room (me on the floor between the two of them) and wake up at 5 am (not knowing my parents went to bed at 4:59am)--- running to wake them up. We never had to wait for a dollhouse or remote car to be assembled-- my dad always did that for us the night before.

8 . When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Oh, this is somewhat embarrassing: 13? My parents had to sit me down in 7th grade b/c they were afraid the other kids would tease me. I think the reason I love Christmas so much is because I believed for so long... I hope my kids will believe. heck, I still believe in Santa.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
yup, Dad's family is Norweigan and we opened one present on Christmas Eve-- usually from my grandfather.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
it's covered with homemade gingerbreadmen garland ( I love me some Scuply!) and angel garland--- held together with ribbons. and the ornaments are all over the place... we had PC's parents and mine over to help us decorate it! we have new ornaments, old ornaments, and a gorgeous set of pewter ornaments from PC--- the 12 days of Christmas.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
as long as i don't have to drive, I love it.

12. Can you ice skate?
yes, but not well.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
a little doll who roller skated-- -my Nana gave her to me.

14. What's your favorite thing about the holidays?
hugs. i have a big family and we all get together for the holidays and there are so many hugs. I love the music, the tree, and especially midnight mass... it's' magical and makes me feel like soaring.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
nana fudge

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
PC and I go to see A Christmas Carol at the North Shore Music Theater each year, and watch the little ones in their velvet dresses and little sweaters... it's a great show, and it kicks off our holidays. I also really like the Christmas eve at my parents' house... it's a lot of fun!

17. What tops your tree?
Winnie the Pooh, dressed as an angel, holding a star (gift from my brother, Jon, and I love it!)

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I like getting presents, but I truly like giving them more!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
God Rest Ye' Merry Gentlemen ( I love the barenaked ladies version) sung by anyone!

20. Candy canes yuck or yum?
Yum!!! they are on the tree solely so I can eat them at any time.

21. What's number one on your Christmas list this year?
Good health--- I just want my family to be healthy. I have been blessed to have my dad's health improving.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:35 AM

    Awwww, #8 is so sweet. The Winnie the Pooh topper must be cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. in jr high, my mom got in fist fights over santa being real. she would take out any one who said he wasnt
    so dont feel too bad! :-)

    ReplyDelete