Thursday, August 24, 2006

Autumn? August?

Which is it? Autumn or August?
Boston, MA weather will be in the high 60s to low 70s today... Fahrenheit. Needless to say, I was muy chilly this a.m. when we woke up. Speaking of that, did anyone else feel like their body was screaming "stay in bed" today? No? Just me? Ok.

So, the saga continues. I am still working on green Norweig-y thing (I am in the "one white fleck every third row, every third stitch" phase... it's slow, it's boring)... hopefully some useful hours at SnB tonight will fix that and I'll be in the "oh, I added steek stitches and look! there's a snowflake" portion of the sweater (which will make me happy b/c then it's just two magic looped sleeves and fini!).

PC's sis's scarf g-r-o-w-s. I made it using a very stretchy stitch (and dude... this yarn from Hello Yarn --- which I called hello kitty yarn unavoidably each and every time--- has some serious memory and bounce!)... and it'll stretch in ALL directions. Cool, no?
*added: check out Adrian's dye kits at Hello Yarn.. ohh, I want one of these!

I found my way to Wild String (going out of business) via Monica and tripped into a sale. So, I got me a copy of Scarf Style (been dying for this one!) and some America's Alpacas Landscape-- it's an autumn-y colorway. I also got some 16 inch circs b/c well, I want to make hats and these make making hats easy. :)

Meeting a friend for dinner last night, I found myself near Porter Square with 1/2 hour to spare. So, what's a girl to do? head over to Mind's Eye and score some hand-dyed sock yarn (superwash/tencel mix)... photos once I have the camera operational.

The job thing-y? Still "in progress"... they called to say they want me for the job, but this place does all salary negotiation via HR. So, HR needs to call me and let me know what the salary is (they gave a range over the phone last night adn it's uber-low... which, even for my dream job, I need to pay my bills). So, I will let you know when I know. :)

Have a great day!
OH! I just checked my email and Monica sent the test pattern! I will be casting on for this on Saturday- Saturday is going to be my "knit and quilt day" while PC putters around with his music stuff (I am assuming).

:)Mini

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:26 AM

    WOW! You've been busy!
    Your rss feed isn't being picked up by bloglines. I hadn't seen a post from you in a while so I popped over and here you are! Glad to hear things are going well. I hope the job thing works out!
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you going to make with the Landscapes? Just curious 'cause I'm lovin' the Scarf Style variety and I just got some Landscapes, myself.

    ReplyDelete