Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Secret Pal 8 questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like wool yarns... I have been itching to try a silk blended yarn. I don't like 100% acrylic. Some are better than others... not a huge fan of novelty yarns, but I have used a few successfully.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have some cigar boxes I use and I need to devise a new way to store them... I have made needle holders, just not for me.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
all together? hmm 10 years? off an on would equal 10. I am an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope..
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavender, vanilla, clean laundry and pumpkin
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
yes, i *heart* dark chocolate, but WW discourages it. I am really better off without it. I like tea, though...
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I quilt, sew and I used to make greeting cards for the holidays. I don't spin and I don't scrapbook. I love homespun.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like country, rock, some punk and classics like Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and now, Michael Buble....
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love all colors, I wear a lot of orange and pink and blues. I look good in purple. I hate anything "neon" and I don't like contrary colors together (like black and white)
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
PC and I live together with Pumpkin, the super kitty. We are "new parents" to her. She's 3 and kinda indifferent.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Everything but the poncho
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
socks. mittens. hats. baby things.
13. What are you knitting right now?
cap sleeved top from Big Girl knits, socks and there are some UFO that are in "time out"
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES! I am always blown away by other people's creativity
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars! I like bamboo and Bryspun, but I knit socks Magic Loop, so I love size 1 and 0 32 inch Addis!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both...
17. How did you learn to knit?
My godmother taught me
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
a year?
19. What is your favorite holiday?
CHRISTMAS!
20. Is there anything that you collect?
tea pots and yarn.. ha ha ha
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Any of the knitting "on the edge" "over the edge" books... And some Dale of Norway patterns.. I love them!
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
steeking... I am dying to make a Norweigan sweater!
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! I have size 8 1/2 - 9 (US) feet... I like snug socks.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
10/09

Well, I am also in the Knitters' Tea Swap and I need to take a photo of my tea stash ... look for it tomorrow, with a photo of the Super Kitty!

Elisabeth (who commented ) was absolutely right! Pumpkin needed to be shaved and then checked with a magnifying glass for scars. :) Email me your snail mail and I will mail you a skein of yarn.

Everyone else, look for a 2nd contest at the end of the month. :)

_mini

1 comment:

  1. Poor Pumpkin. Isn't life a bitch when all you can say is MEOW.

    ReplyDelete