Friday, December 02, 2005

It's official! PC and I signed the lease, wrote the checks, and had a great chat with our landlords last night. Wow.

For those who don't know (and a lot of you don't)... PC and I don't live together. I live at home with my parents, who are wonderful and have told me time and again "you don't have to leave, you can always stay here". They have been so good to me! PC is living at home, but it's b/c of a past problem with a roommate situation: we were leaving for a vacation in Maine and the 2 other roommates he had announced "oh, we're moving out... find new roommates". Well, 2 weeks and about a zillion weirdos looking to find someplace for their snake, only wanting to live with vegans, yada yada yada... no roommates. So, he had to inform the landlords (great guys, both of them) that he tried his best and that he would have to move out.

So, while PC and I have been together 3 1/2 years, we have never lived together. Honestly, most of the women in my family (my mom's side is very matriarchal) stay at home until engagement or marriage. My parents are ok with this move, as we are not the norm... I mean, who waits 3 1/2 years to live together anymore? PC's parents are very ok with this situation also.

Christmas knitting will be put on warp speed and then knitting will stop until we are settled in the new place.... I will keep updating here.

Another interesting thing is happening in my house: I am being replaced! Yup, my mom and dad are going to meet a potential new "baby" to live with them on Sunday. Her name is Ruby, she's 2 years old (almost) and she's supposed to be real sweet. She's also a Basset Hound. :) Since my mom retired, I think she's been lonely at home all day. Personally, as much as her job was a huge stress on her and her health, I think the comraderie is something she misses greatly. So, if Ruby likes my mom and mom likes Ruby, she's coming home Sunday. Her owner passed away 2 weeks ago and the daughter of the owner is a single mom with 5 kids and no time for a dog. My mom, on the other hand, is a retiree with plenty of love, time and devotion to give to a *soon to be * VERY spoiled puppy.

Anyone have any advice on basset hounds?

Happy Knitting Weekend....
~MINI

PS- we are off to the new IKEA tomorrow! YAYAYAYAYYAY

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:14 PM

    Congrats. We had a bassett--the best dog my family ever had as a child. However, she did get oily and very smelly as an adult. Grooming is far more accessible these days!

    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooo Hooooo! Congrats. The night that DH and I moved in together he popped the question......I'm just saying :-)

    ReplyDelete