Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Home Sweet Home.... finally!

So, I got home Friday night... what a project. But, Saturday was my pre-bday with PC- the circus in Boston and then dinner at Gargoyles (i'll try to find a link) in Davis Sq. Yummy. :)
Sunday was the actual b-day and Monday was the obligatory family dinner. Pics of presents and other stuff later this week.


So, this is what I saw when I walked out my hotel room. Yup, just my room. :) We stayed at the beautiful Hotel St. Laurent (in St. Laurent), about 20 minutes west of Avignon. It was gorgeous. Our hotel was run by two men, Christoph and Terry. They were like family... and the dog, Noie. So, seeing this alot made the business trip almost worth it. (notice i said "almost").

Like my castle? Yup, just next door to the hotel. Now, if PC said I was a "princess" before I left... well, there's no stopping me now!

Palais de Papes. Words cannot describe the beauty and emotion that this place conveys to my heart. One evening, there was a gentleman singing in the plaza. It was beautiful. A truly amazing accomplishment of man. As a Catholic (ok, slightly lapsed, but I keep my faith), this was quite the sight to see. It was also amazing to be with non-Christians and hear their take on the opulence of the building. more about that another day.

My all time favorite photo: this quiet little street behind the Duke of Uzes's castle in Uzes (on the way to Nimes from Avignon). I love this street. I love that people live here. A few moments after this photo was taken, 5 boys and 1 girl came runnign after a soccer ball. :) *grin* someplace where kids can be kids!

And lastly, a little contest: a prize (to be determined, sock yarn, me thinks) if you know where this last photo was taken. :) If more than one answer, PC will draw a name out of a hat. :) and yes, a new hat...not his stinky one.



More each day this week! Travels and knitting.... I promise!
Happy Knitting Tuesday!
~mini

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Wow! Looks like fantastic trip.

    Looks like it's time to turn on word verification.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:29 PM

    Great pictures! Happy Birthday -

    ReplyDelete