Friday, June 24, 2005

Can you say love?

Sorry, PC... but there is a new love in my life. Nope, he's not taller than you. Not cuter than you. Not richer than you. Not even smarter/funnier/better-kisser than you. (not that anyone can be any of these things better than you). THIS is my new love:




what do you think? It's "hair" in Kona Superwash from NoNoKitty
and I love it. It makes me happy. I am waiting to buy it though. Maybe it'll end up in my Christmas stocking this year. *ahem hint hint hint* and this is what i would like my dying to turn out like. We'll see.
Oh, and for your viewing pleasure today, I have added some cute photos that I have taken in the past year:

This was out my window during the big BLIZZARD this winter. Not much fun, but even funnier if you realize that it took us about 2 hours to figure out HOW to get out of the house. All doors and windows looked like this.

And random quilting stuff:

My cousin was having a little girl and I made this as well as a handknit sweater/bootie combo in the same peach for her daughter-to-be! She loved it and I think the colors are great for a little girl. Such a change from pink, pink , pink. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pink. But not everyone does. The photo on the right is the close-up of the quilt. I thought doing a "folksy" hand embroidery (meant to look like little girl drawings and coloring) would look cute and I chose the brightest pink that was in the print fabric for a good contrast. What you can't see is the peach embroidery work that I did on the print fabric itself. I didn't want to take away from the print, but needed to keep up the "theme" of quilting it all together. I even did a little rustic whipstitching when I did the borders. Overall, I LOVED this quilt. It helped me through a tough time (mom was in the hospital for 5 weeks) and it kept my hands busy. Someday, my cousin's daughter will ask her mom, "who made me that quilt?" and she'll tell her "someone who loves you very much." Heck, my clothes might not always match,but I have a good eye for quilting colors! :) *patting myself on the back* The photo on the left was the quilt just prior to me finishing it up, so please excuse the messy ends.

No more posts until Monday. :( Have a great weekend! Hopefully, I will be able to tell you all about my first SnB (if I am brave enough to go).
happy knitting weekend!
~mini

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:41 PM

    Lovely new yarn and goregous quilt.


    www.katyknits.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete