Thursday, April 14, 2005

So, I used to be a good friend, a great friend, before I became a real adult. Now, I barely have time to call people back , etc. heck, I barely get to return EMAIL. Now, c'mon people... that's sad. It's not that I have to super exciting life... I don't. I am just like everyone else. Well, today was a wake up call for me to send out a life line to all my girlfriends (and guyfriends) that I have been neglecting... I AM SORRY!

What was this wake up? Well, a great friend to me, emailed me today to tell me she had her first son. Did I know she was pregnant: yes. Did I always write in my planner "Call J" and never get around to it? Yes. Hmm... I am thinking some time in the friend-confessional might be in order. We just get so busy... work, loved ones, family... it all blends. Well, NO MORE!

SECRET MESSAGE TO J: I hereby vow to :
  • meet your new son
  • call you when I say I will
  • visit the home you have been living in for a few years now, even if it is in Rhode Island (ha ha ha)
  • spoil your son rotten (b/c I can hand him back after 4 Cokes and pack of Pikie Sticks)
  • be a better friend

Welcome James!


Other news, thanks to everyone who congratulated me on the loss... Especially "plasmid"... cool name. :) We can do this together! WW chicks with sticks rule! ha ha ha. So, today, I am eating leftover WW meal for lunch. PC and I tried it last night (did I mention I cook? and that I am DAMN good at it? right, PC?*PC is prob'ly nodding his head...*). So, I thought I would share it with you!


Thai Peanut Seafood with Noodles:
Ingredients:
  • 7 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, broken in 1/2
  • 1/2 cup p.butter (reduced fat)
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tsp red pepper sauce
  • 5 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen, thawed)
  • 1 lb of Trader Joe's mixed shrimp, scallops and calamari- thawed
Directions:
  1. cook pasta according to package
  2. 4-6 minutes before pasta is ready, add broccoli and seafood to pasta pot and continue to boil
  3. in a separate bowl, whisk the p.butter, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper sauce together until smooth
  4. strain the pasta/seafood/broccoli combo, return to pot, add p.butter mix and toss to coat
  5. serve immediately
WW: 6 points/serving
servings: 6

review: YUM!


should I or shouldn't I projects:
both would be great on me... I am thinking of doing both over the summer for "indian summer" sweaters...



well, more tomorrow and perhaps some PHOTOS! :) I took pictures of my first ever pair of socks last night and I might be able to wrangle a pic of my mom in the sweater I made her for Christmas.
'til tomorrow!

-Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment